Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My Social Media Savvy CEO


I think I just took for granted his example and so followed the lead of my CEO, Peter Hart, when it came to blogging and getting on to the social media scene. Peter has a great recognition perspective blog that you can read about here.

However, recent research from UberCEO.com indicates that CEO’s from the 2009 Fortune’s top 100 CEO’s list found they were mostly absent from the growing social media community.

The study found only two CEOs had Twitter accounts and 81 percent of CEOs did not have a personal Facebook page.

Only 13 CEOs had profiles on the professional networking site LinkedIn. Three CEOs stood out with more than 80 connections but they were all from technology companies — Michael Dell from computer maker Dell, Gregory Spierkel from technology products distributor Ingram Micro, and John Chambers from Cisco Systems Ltd.

Three quarters of the CEOs did have some kind of Wikipedia entry, but nearly a third of those had limited or outdated information such as incorrect titles, or lacked sources.
Not one Fortune 100 CEO had a blog.

As I mentioned, Rideau’s CEO, Peter Hart has a blog, has Facebook and Twitter accounts, as well as being connected on LinkedIn. So I guess I have a pretty social media savvy CEO.

How well connected with the social media is your CEO?

No comments:

Post a Comment